November survey results at a glance:
• The leading economic indicator remains below growth neutral for the fourth time in past five months.
• November gains for Iowa, North Dakota and Oklahoma, but losses elsewhere.
• Economic confidence plummets for November.
• Almost one-third of supply managers expect no increase in pay for next year.
• Supply managers have raised expected wholesale price growth by for next year by two percentage points since May.
OMAHA, Neb. – For the fourth time in the past five months, the monthly Mid-America Business Conditions Index, a leading economic indicator for a nine-state region, remained below growth neutral. The index continues to point to slightly negative growth for the region in the next three to six months.
Overall index: The Business Conditions Index, which ranges between 0 and 100, climbed to a weak 48.0 from October’s 46.5.
Interview with Professor Goss discussing survey results: http://youtu.be/3T-5Qnu4Q9U