Monday, January 01, 2007

Are You Optimistic for 2007?

An AP poll released today indicates that most Americans remain optimistic about 2007. However, the poll suggests that, on average, democrats are less optimistic about 2007, and they feel less positive about 2006, than their republican counterparts. This is curious, given that their people gained control of both the House and Senate in the past elections. Shouldn’t that make one optimistic?

(Full story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061230/ap_on_re_us/optimism_ap_poll)

I don’t know if optimism is better than pessimism, as either approach can turn out to be unfounded at any given moment. However, I can tell you I prefer the company of optimists. So, one of my resolutions this year: be optimistic whenever I can muster it. Hope you can do the same, and that your first day of 2007 was spectacular.

EAM

No comments: